The Certify yourself in CMMI/SPICE 2011 project will implement the most advanced software process improvement models in the world such as the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and ISO/IEC15504:2004 Information technology—Process assessment (SPICE) among software development companies to improve the effectiveness of the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) industry for a major impact on the information society.
• To promote and facilitate increased competitiveness between SMEs from the ICT industry through the adoption of advanced Software Quality Assurance methodologies and obtaining the process certification.
• Regional awareness: To raise SME awareness of the need to use globally recognised models such as CMMI/SPICE for increased competitiveness.
• Training: To train organisations in the improvement of software development processes. There will be practical workshops in which those in attendance will actively take part.
• Generation of “local” representative success cases that encourage the rest of the industry to perform similar processes.
• Certification: Although the objective of the process is improvement, rather than certification, the certification has obvious value in terms of the fact that it involves an objective recognition of the maturity level reached in Certify yourself in CMMI/SPICE 2011, and an achievable medium-term milestone that constitutes an incentive for the SME in question.
• Distribution: To make the results obtained known to the greatest possible number of SMEs in the ICT industry through the organisation of public events in order to achieve maximum dissemination of the technology.
At Eurecat we understand that the mission of spreading the advantages and benefits of the implantation of quality models within the Spanish business fabric as a base for improving competitiveness, as well as the generation of business success cases that serve to motivate other businesses to implement these types of solutions in order to be competitive, will result in an improvement in global Spanish business production and help position Spain as a benchmark country for process quality.
The impact this type of project has on the Information Society is endorsed by the institutional support of bodies such as the Secretariat of Telecommunications and Information Society of Catalonia that show their support for the project and their willingness to collaborate in its development.
Participants: ADDING TECHNOLOGY S.A.; AUXILIAR SERVICIOS BANCARIOS S.L.; CD ROM S.A.; CLICKART TALLER DE COMUNICACIÓ S.L.; CONSULTIA IT S.L; ITEQUIA S.L.; Mapro Sistemas de Ensayo S.A.; Net Transmit & Receive S.L.U.; NAVARRA TECNOLOGÍA DEL SOFTWARE S.L.; Vision Robotics Ingeniería y Sistemas S.L.