The “Advanced analytics in pig farms” project applies Artificial Intelligence to livestock farms in the pig sector with the objective of increasing their production and competitiveness.
Advanced data analytics has a great importance for the agri-food sector as it is a field with an important potential for generating data. The massive use of sensors to obtain data from agricultural and livestock farms requires large processing capacities and new strategies in data analytics that allow improvements in decision-making.
In this sense, the project, promoted by Smart Management Systems Unit of Eurecat, aims to demonstrate to the sector the usefulness of data analytics to improve the efficiency of its production processes.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Contribute to the valorization of the data that can be obtained in the agri-food sector.
- Raise awareness of the sector’s needs for security, technology, training and data management to help direct future investments.
- Facilitate the efficiency and productivity of production processes through data analysis.
- Contribute to increasing the competitiveness of the sector and the development of new business models to accelerate the implementation of innovative technological solutions in the market.
- Advise and support companies in the agri-food sector in the definition and implementation of their digital strategies.
Through the study of a set of operational data from several farms and together with the integration of data in cycle time or real time, the project has created and validated a new model for the productive improvement of pig breeding farms. In addition, this new methodology developed has made it possible to identify the key variables to obtain these good results and has defined a list of recommendations to continue improving farm productivity.
The results and recommendations obtained by the project are explained and shared in the document of good practices shown below:
The project has been carried out in collaboration with the group of companies OPP Group, dedicated to the accompaniment and transfer of knowledge for the technological and productive improvement of the pig sector, which has tested the technologies in the commercial production farms managed by the group.