The MINIBUS project defines, develops, designs and manufactures a 100% electric urban minibus with high-load performance with the capacity to provide service in an urban environment throughout 16 hours of uninterrupted service, including the energy expenditure of the air conditioning, meeting the same requirements that current diesel vehicles.
The project aims at contributing to reduce/eliminate fuel consumption and emissions in Barcelona’s city canter, improve citizens’ accessibility to sustainable means of transport adapted to the city’s mobility needs and obtain a reduction of the total noise caused by the operation of vehicles with electric motors.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Load the new vehicle with the appropriate technology and structure for the electric recharging.
- Load the vehicle with sufficient active and passive safety systems to ensure the safety of all passengers and pedestrians.
- Develop a bodywork with very low tare.
- Positioning Catalan companies in the electric vehicle market by offering a new competitive electric vehicle at a European level.
- Obtain new knowledge related to recharging electric vehicles.
MINIBUS is a project of the ECO Mobility Community of RIS3CAT, participated by TMB, Indcar, Idiada, Millor and Eurecat. The Community aims at integrating knowledge and fostering the collaboration of the main agents of the sustainable mobility sector for their specialization in this field.
Eurecat supports the development of novel energy storage and recharging systems and carries out all safety, validation and aging tests and battery and load management systems’ studies.