The Territorial Competitiveness Specialization Project (PECT in its acronym in Spanish) TurisTIC in family is a research and innovation initiative to transform and boost the tourism in the Costa Daurada and les Terres de l’Ebre, promoting its definition and gestion as familiar touristic destinations and transforming these areas in a reference European observatory and laboratory in technologies and familiar tourism tendencies.
Eurecat, through its Tourism Innovation Department, develops two Operations within line 1 of technological drive for the development of research and technology in the tourism sector and its application in competitive products and services.
Operation 2 TDS 2.0 consists of the creation on the Costa Daurada and Terres de l’Ebre of an advanced innovation platform that advances the current Tourism Data System (aimed at providing information on occupation and tourism complexes in relation to companies tourist accommodation). It has the dual purpose of strengthening the sustainable specialisation and competitiveness of the regions of Tarragona from the perspective of tourism, as well as its mains products and destinations in the field of family tourism.
Objectives of the operation:
- Strengthen the management of tourist destinations, governance at the local level and business decisions through an integrated and innovative system, developed with the support of the public sector, private agents and centers specialised in providing knowledge of society.
Ensure the sustainable development of the territory through the economy of services and tourism, both in the medium and long term.
- Improve the destination’s competitiveness and contribute to its knowledge and dissemination
Operation TDS2.0 has a total budget of €576,950.00, of which €288,474 is financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
Learn more about the information platform and indicators for family tourism TDS 2.0 in this infographic:
Operation 4 TurisTIC Platforms aims to develop a technological platform that becomes the manager of tourist resources and services, especially those of beach tourism, heritage and wine culture, focused on family tourism in the Costa Daurada and les Terres de l’Ebre. The platform must be a tool that serves tourists to book their visits, before making it (web visit) and during the visit (APP visit). In addition, the platform offers suggestions in real time, according to the needs of the tourist and the current state of the resources and their environment and will adapt its contents according to the type of family segment of each visitor.
Objectives of the operation:
- Establish an information and reservation management system for tourist services, especially those for the beach, heritage and wine culture and geared towards family tourism.
Capture information from other sources, such as the influx of visitors using cameras or sensors, weather forecasting, etc., and be able to act accordingly towards the visitor based on the information captured.
- Improve the sustainable use of resources, optimizing uses and balancing intensities.
- Improve the tourist experience during their visit, suggesting appropriate activities according to their needs, the time of day, the weather forecast or accessibility, among others
- Increase visitor loyalty by applying gamification techniques during the visit.
- Monitor the visits of tourists in order to analyze their employers in the territory.
- Personalise the offer of resources in the main topics of action (beach, culture and wine tourism), being able to act in this way with different mechanisms of suggestions and gamification according to the scope of action.
Learn more about the technological platform to improve the experience of families visiting the Costa Daurada and Terres de l’Ebre in this infographic:
The TurisTIC Platforms Operation has a total budget of €502,530, of which €251,265 is financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
The PECT TurisTIC in family is an initiative coordinated and lead by the Diputació de Tarragona in collaboration with the Tourist Board of the Tarragona Provincial Council, the Rovira i Virgili University, Eurecat, the Ajuntament of Montblanc, the Catalan Institute of Human Paleoecology and Social Evolution (IPHES) and the Interior furnishings and hotel contract cluster – CENFIM.